Gas & electric hot water installation & replacement
Ryan Old Plumbing offers complete hot water installation services throughout Brisbane, Logan, Redlands, and the Gold Coast. Our experienced plumbers and gas fitters can take care of the installation of all styles including electric, gas, solar, heat pump and instant hot water systems from all the leading brands such as Rheem, Rinnai, and Dux.
Only Trust The Expert Hot Water Plumbers
The QBCC reported that up to 40% of hot water installations have failed to meet the required standards. Are you sure your hot water system is safe for you and your family? Do not risk your safety and instead ask the friendly hot water plumbers at Ryan Old Plumbing about a brand new, energy-efficient and safely installed hot water system that suits your budget, lifestyle and home.
MAKE A BOOKING!
Get upfront pricing, guaranteed workmanship and a free plumbing inspection, when you book one of our expert Ryan Old plumbers today!
Professional hot water system installation
Getting your new hot water system installed by a licenced plumbing professional ensures it’s set up to the manufacturer’s installation guidelines protecting the system warranty and your home insurance cover.
Your plumber can also provide you with expert advice on getting the best, most efficient operation from the water heater, reducing running and maintenance costs in the long term.
Electric hot water systems – storage & instant
Modern electric storage hot water systems offer a straightforward, energy-efficient upgrade from your old unit reducing your home water heating costs and lowering greenhouse gas emissions. They also present a cost-effective hot water option for new homes, and economy tariff connection can further reduce costs.
Electric instant hot water systems are a great option for lower volume needs. These units are ideal for point-of-use applications such as office kitchens, granny flats, or small bathrooms. As no ventilation or flue is needed these units offer flexible installation options.
Gas hot water – storage & continuous flow
Gas storage hot water systems provide fast reheating LPG or natural gas models, and mains pressure water. 5-star energy rated models offer energy savings for homes 1 or 2 people up to large families of 6.
Continuous flow gas hot water units only heat the water you use, reducing hot water expenses for your household and providing an eco-friendly option. Never run out of hot water again, install an instant gas hot water system today.
Install solar hot water
Solar hot water systems provide the ultimate in power-saving technology potentially slashing your home water heating costs. Solar is the perfect choice for homes in areas with abundant sunlight like South East Queensland.
Solar hot water system models come in a variety of options:
- Close-coupled – tank and solar collectors designed as one unit mounted on the roof
- Split system – roof-mounted solar collectors and ground-mounted storage tank
- Gas or electric booster for cloudy days
Heat pump water heaters
Heat pump water heaters are a great environmentally friendly alternative when solar HW is not a practical option. Utilising the ambient warmth in the air the heat pump system heats the water for your home.
Heat pump models have a similar footprint to traditional electric storage units making them an ideal energy-efficient upgrade.
SIGNS IT’S TIME TO UPGRADE YOUR HOT WATER HEATER
- On average a storage hot water system will last around 10 years so if yours is needing repairs at around this age you could be better off replacing the unit rather than paying for repairs. Instant hot water systems will last longer, often up to 20 years.
- Leaking tank – replacing a storage tank that has begun to corrode or has sprung a leak can be costly depending on the model and the age of the unit (whether replacement parts are easily sourced). With the price of hot water units reducing every year it could prove to be more cost-effective to opt for a replacement system over a new tank.
- Brown or discoloured water can indicate that the tank has started to corrode, there is a build-up of sediment in the tank, or you have a rust issue in the water pipes. All are problems that need to be fully investigated by your plumber o ensure you can make informed decisions regarding the upgrade or repair.
- Banging, popping, crackling, or other noises coming from your hot water unit can signify larger problems are brewing.
- Repeated hot water repairs – if you’re calling your plumber for repairs often you may end up paying more in repair bills than it would cost to install a new unit. Before you say yes to yet another repair, ask your plumber what a hot water system replacement cost would be, you might be surprised.
BENEFITS OF REPLACING YOUR HOT WATER SYSTEM
- Brand new warranty
- Hassle-free maintenance for the next 10 or so years (if you invest in a top-quality system from a reputable brand, you definitely get what you pay for with hot water system)
- Increased energy efficiency
- Option to upgrade to an eco-friendly alternative such as solar or heat pump hot water reducing your homes greenhouse gas emissions and lowering your home water heating costs.
- Increase the capacity – families grow over time, teenagers seem to need a lot more hot water than toddlers do.
- On the flip side, your household may have downsized and heating a 400L storage tank 24/7 is a big unnecessary cost.
The Ryan Old team can take care of all aspects of your hot water system replacement including converting to another style or power source, moving water pipes, and adding gas pipes.
YOUR LOCAL HOT WATER INSTALLATION SPECIALISTS BRISBANE & GOLD COAST
For the very best in hot water system installation across Brisbane and the Gold Coast areas contact the team at Ryan Old Plumbing at 1300 055 940 or complete our quick hot water installation booking form today.
Plumbing Problems? Get A Quote!
Send us a message with your plumbing needs and we'll get in touch to answer any questions and arrange a visit to provide you with a quote.
RYAN OLD PLUMBING REVIEWS
Here at Ryan Old Plumbing, we’ve helped thousands of Brisbane & Gold Coast residents just like you with plumbing emergencies, repairs and installations. What did they have to say about Ryan Old Plumbing team? Read some of our many five-star reviews to find out!
Very good to deal with. Had a hot water system fully installed and working within a few hours of first calling them...
The plumber was punctual and very polite and explained the problem and remedy for my hot water system.
Great service from Ryan's crew. Craig arrived and fixed the problem with our hot water system...
HOT WATER SYSTEMS FAQ
TMV VS Tempering Valve - What's The Difference?
When you turn your hot water tap on, you expect hot water to flow out. Whether it is a shower, bath, kitchen sink or laundry basin, water at a particular temperature will always run from the faucets in your home or workplaces. But how does that occur?
Tempering valves and TMVs are the devices responsible for ensuring that the water that comes out of your tap is safe and at the right temperature. But, what is the difference?
What size of hot water system do I need?
Hot water is a crucial part of Australian life, from showers and baths to dishwashers and washing machines. But how do you know what hot water system size is best for your needs?
With so many hot water options on the market, you would be excused if you find it all a little overwhelming. Keep reading to find out more and if you would like further help, give Ryan Old Plumbing a call on 0488 856 880.
Which hot water system is best?
A working hot water system is an essential part of a comfortable living environment, especially during winter. However, knowing the right hot water system for your home can be quite challenging because there is so much to consider. Do you know if you want a gas, electric, solar or heat pump system? Will your water supply be from a storage tank or continuous water flow? How big will your tank be? How much do hot water systems cost? This article will provide you with all of the information you will need to know about hot water systems.
Need A Plumber?
For upfront pricing, guaranteed workmanship and a free plumbing inspection, call the plumbers Brisbane and Gold Coast locals can rely on for fast and friendly service.