Reduce your hot water bills by installing a solar water heater today
Queensland has a sub-tropical climate and is blessed with sunshine throughout the year. Make the most of living in the sunshine state by switching to solar for your hot water needs.
With the rising electricity costs, solar has become increasingly popular and offers a lot of benefits. Ryan Old Plumbing provides installation, repairs and servicing of solar hot water systems throughout Brisbane, Logan and the Gold Coast. We can also upgrade your old hot water system to a brand new solar unit.
Only Trust The Expert Hot Water Plumbers
The QBCC reported that up to 40% of hot water installations have failed to meet the required standards. Are you sure your hot water system is safe for you and your family? Do not risk your safety and instead ask the friendly hot water plumbers at Ryan Old Plumbing about a brand new, energy-efficient and safely installed hot water system that suits your budget, lifestyle and home.
MAKE A BOOKING!
Get upfront pricing, guaranteed workmanship and a free plumbing inspection, when you book one of our expert Ryan Old plumbers today!
Solar Hot Water System Installation
Not sure where to start with solar hot water? Our hot water plumbers can help you with:
- Selecting the right solar hot water system which suits your requirements, water demands, location and budget.
- We can help you decide whether a flat plate or evacuated tube; a close-coupled or split system; gas or electric boosted system would be better for you.
- We will help you take advantage of the relevant government subsidies and rebates.
- We’ll carry out the complete hot water installation service.
- We offer a 0% interest-free payment plan to help you get your installation carried out without affecting your budget. Speak to our service team to find out more.
How do solar hot water heaters work?
A solar hot water system consists of solar collectors and storage tank.
- The cold water flows from the tank to the solar collector.
- Solar collectors absorb the warmth from the sunlight and use it to heat the water which is stored in the tank.
There are two types of solar collectors – flat plate and evacuated tube.
Types of Solar Hot Water Systems
There are two types of solar hot water system: closed-coupled solar hot water and split system solar hot water. Both types of solar water heaters can be boosted with gas or electricity so you can still have a hot shower on cloudy or rainy days.
Close-Coupled Solar Hot Water
Close coupled or thermosiphon systems are very popular in Australia as they are efficient and cost-effective. This style of system has solar collectors and tank both placed on the rooftop and works on the principle of heat exchange. The cold water flows to the collectors by gravity, gets heated in the solar collectors and stored in the tank.
Split System Solar Hot Water
In split systems, the solar collectors are installed on the roof and the tank on the ground. The hot water is pumped using electricity from the collectors to the tank.
Solar hot water repairs and maintenance
Solar hot water systems need to be inspected every 5 years to ensure small issues are detected before they become major problems. Regular maintenance can also increase the efficiency and lifespan of your unit.
- Cleaning and replacing valves
- Cleaning the storage tank and solar collectors
- Detecting leaks or holes
- Replacing corroded or broken parts
Benefits of using solar water heating
- Solar hot water systems can be more expensive than other options to purchase and install but they offer great savings in the long run compared to electricity and gas hot water.
- Solar can improve the value of your home and also the resale value in case you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Government offers rebates in the form of small-scale technology certificates so switching to solar offers great incentives.
- Solar energy is clean and renewable and doesn’t release harmful gases that affect the environment. Switching to solar is a great way to do your bit to slow down climate change.
- It lowers our dependence on fossil fuels.
- Solar hot water requires low maintenance and it can help you save money on your power bills.
Why choose us as your Solar Hot Water Installers?
- We take pride in knowing our customers love our service. Check our reviews and find out for yourself.
- No-obligation quote
- Competitive and reasonable pricing for all our jobs
- Fixed, upfront costs
- Fully licensed and qualified plumbers
- Quality workmanship
- Lifetime workmanship guarantee for all our jobs so we can help you if something goes wrong.
- Flexible payment plans for hot water services.
Trusted Solar Hot water system experts
If you have any further questions regarding solar hot water or you would like to speak to one of our friendly team members regarding another plumbing service you may need, we would love to hear from you. We service Brisbane, Logan, Redlands and the Gold Coast, so call us on 1300 055 940 or complete our Solar Hot Water Enquiry Form today. We are the solar hot water experts you can rely on.
Plumbing Problems? Get A Quote!
Send us a message with your plumbing needs and we'll get in touch to answer any questions and arrange a visit to provide you with a quote.
RYAN OLD PLUMBING REVIEWS
Here at Ryan Old Plumbing, we’ve helped thousands of Brisbane & Gold Coast residents just like you with plumbing emergencies, repairs and installations. What did they have to say about Ryan Old Plumbing team? Read some of our many five-star reviews to find out!
Very good to deal with. Had a hot water system fully installed and working within a few hours of first calling them...
The plumber was punctual and very polite and explained the problem and remedy for my hot water system.
Great service from Ryan's crew. Craig arrived and fixed the problem with our hot water system...
HOT WATER SYSTEMS FAQ
TMV VS Tempering Valve - What's The Difference?
When you turn your hot water tap on, you expect hot water to flow out. Whether it is a shower, bath, kitchen sink or laundry basin, water at a particular temperature will always run from the faucets in your home or workplaces. But how does that occur?
Tempering valves and TMVs are the devices responsible for ensuring that the water that comes out of your tap is safe and at the right temperature. But, what is the difference?
What size of hot water system do I need?
Hot water is a crucial part of Australian life, from showers and baths to dishwashers and washing machines. But how do you know what hot water system size is best for your needs?
With so many hot water options on the market, you would be excused if you find it all a little overwhelming. Keep reading to find out more and if you would like further help, give Ryan Old Plumbing a call on 0488 856 880.
Which hot water system is best?
A working hot water system is an essential part of a comfortable living environment, especially during winter. However, knowing the right hot water system for your home can be quite challenging because there is so much to consider. Do you know if you want a gas, electric, solar or heat pump system? Will your water supply be from a storage tank or continuous water flow? How big will your tank be? How much do hot water systems cost? This article will provide you with all of the information you will need to know about hot water systems.
Need A Plumber?
For upfront pricing, guaranteed workmanship and a free plumbing inspection, call the plumbers Brisbane and Gold Coast locals can rely on for fast and friendly service.