Complete testing services for Thermostatic Mixing Valves
Did you know hot water can cause third-degree burns in just a second? Hot water burns are quite common especially in the case of children, elderly or disabled individuals. That’s why thermostatic mixing valves are installed in commercial establishments like hospitals, age care centres, schools, etc.
TMV valves limit the temperature of water to 45°C to prevent scalding. To ensure the safety of the public, commercial establishments are required to get the TMV tested every 12 months. TMV maintenance ensures the hot water supply is maintained at the desired temperature and the growth of Legionella bacteria is inhibited. To book your TMV test today, contact Ryan Old Plumbing.
BOOK TMV TESTING TODAY
TMV temperature and failsafe testing service
Our commercial plumbers carry out TMV temperature and failsafe testing services in 5 stages.
- Inspection - TMV valves are inspected visually.
- Temperature Check - The temperature is checked to ensure that it is at or below 45°C. This ensures the delivered water is in accordance with the Plumbing Code of Australia.
- TMV Failsafe Test - Hot and cold water shut off functions are tested to ensure they are working properly. TMV failsafe testing is done to protect users from burns in the event of hot water supply failure.
- Clean - Any debris is removed from the fine mesh strainer and valve components. All the components are then descaled and disinfected.
- Replacement - Replacing and lubricating the thermostatic actuators, o rings and seals, if needed. The TMV valve has a lifespan of around 5 years and it is replaced, if necessary.
The testing is documented and a comprehensive report will be provided to clients. The thermostatic mixing valve testing report will include details like:
- Outlets serviced
- Location of the valve
- Total number of valves
- Make, model, and size of the TMV
- Compliance with AS/NZS 3500.4:2003
How often do you need to have a TMV tested?
According to the AS 4032.3 - Requirements for Testing, Maintenance or Replacement of TMV:
- TMVs are to be tested every 12 months
- Thermostatic actuators need to be replaced at intervals not exceeding 5 years
- O-rings and seals need to be replaced and lubricated at intervals not exceeding 5 years or as stated by the manufacturer
Schedule annual testing for your TMV
Regular maintenance of TMV valves is essential for commercial establishments to protect the clients, patients, residents and students from scald injuries. The maintenance and testing must be carried out by a qualified plumber who is licensed to work on TMVs. Ryan Old Plumbing can create an ongoing annual testing schedule for the TMV installed in your workplace to ensure your business is safe and complient.
Your trusted TMV experts in Brisbane & Gold Coast
For TMV testing, installation or replacement services in Brisbane and the Gold Coast, give the team at Ryan Old Plumbing a call. We service all suburbs of Brisbane, Logan, Gold Coast, Redland and Moreton Bay.
Book your TMV testing today on 1300 740 206. Alternatively, complete our online booking form and our friendly staff will get back to you.
HOT WATER FAQ
For more in depth hot water information visit our Hot water Information page