Why is it important to keep gutters clear?
Gutters and down pipes play an important role in rerouting rain. If rain is not rerouted, it is likely that three problems will occur:
- The rain water can gather in ‘pools’, which are not only a breeding ground for mosquitos but also lead to rust and, over time, holes in gutters
- The rain water can flow into and behind various structures inside the house, such as into eaves and between walls. This can lead to wood rot and mould
- The rain water can run directly into the foundation of the property which can lead to cracking and other damage
To avoid these issues it is important that gutters are kept clear and in good working order. Even if they do not appear to be causing problems, an inspection by a professional can put your mind at ease and may even prevent costly repairs down the track.
Ryan Old Plumbing has the solution to your guttering needs. We can:
- Inspect gutters / down pipes
- Clear out clogged gutters / down pipes
- Repair faulty or corroded gutters / down pipes
- Replace corroded or unsightly gutters / down pipes
If called on to replace gutters / down pipes we will remove old gutters and carefully match the colours to the Colourbond range to prevent new gutters / down pipes standing out against existing ones.
So, when did you last have your gutters and down pipes checked? If you are like most, it has probably been a long time!
Don’t wait until a problem appears, get your gutters and down pipes checked now by Ryan Old Plumbing.